Thursday, December 8, 2011

Back at UT-Austin

Wow. time flies. I tried to get rolling with a blog while I was still going back and forth between DC (temporary home for a year with the NSF) and Austin (base for my UT-Austin academic appointment). Looks like life took over and the blogging didn't happen. A year and a half has passed and I'm back in Austin full-time -- back to my family, back to my academic position and back to my community. It has been a busy year with tenure among the major priorities. We'll see in a few days how that turns out.
In the meantime, I've been working with a great crew of students (grad and undergrad) on a project to be purposeful about the dissemination of black studies scholarship via new media ... We've all been tweeting, the department has a couple of Facebook pages going and we are moving towards a spring event to record and the share clips of professors doing their thing. ... More soon; should be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment